Ok, so this is from what Maddy, Rebecca and myself talked about on Saturday afternoon. This is a list of useless man made things or things people take for granted:
- How often do we get a new phone now?
- Why do we need to destroy our environment to make room for a car park, a shopping centre, land to build houses?
- We have access to healthy food, but why do people choose McDonalds over a piece of fruit? Yes I know McDonalds tastes great, but it’s like saying “Would you rather yum or cardiovascular disease?”
- We have access to hospitals and doctors, but why do we still refuse to see a doctor when we’re sick. It’s cool to be all tough and strong guys, but it’s like saying “Would you rather be living or on your death bed, because I forgot to see a doctor the other day?”
- Plastic bags
- Why do we have plastic bags in the ocean?
- Why is half of our rubbish dumped in the ocean, killing lots of harmless animals?
- Why do we have so many of them, even though half the time they’re thrown away?
- Animal testing
- Why do we test harmful products (e.g. cosmetics) on animals?
- Why do we offer vaccinations and mothers find it more harmful on their child, when it could prevent them from a life threatening illness?
- Yes alcohol can be fun, but why do bars still continue to sell it to intoxicated people?
- Why do we still buy cigarettes when we know how harmful they are to our body?